Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

I had a wonderful mother's day. My kids are the sweetest kids. All last week when Dominic would hear someone mention mother's day he'd get all excited. "Mom, today is Mother's Day!" Then he'd run to the toy box and find a toy. A few minutes later he'd bring me the toy "wrapped" up in some of his scrap paper. It was so sweet. So Jon planned to take the kids shopping to get me a gift. I knew that Dominic would have so much fun finding me a gift. While the kids went shopping with Jon I went shopping by myself. That in itself was a present. =)

According to Jon, Dominic took the shopping trip very seriously. He would find something and say "I like this, but I don't think Mom would like it." then head on to something else.
I ended up with 2 sprinkler heads (Dominic thought they were helicopters), wooden spoons and a wind chime. Not bad for an almost 4 yr old. I thought he did amazing. =) He had fun giving me my presents.

Jon and I have picked unusual gifts for our special occasions over the years. This year I picked a home project that Jon has had on the list for quite sometime. He's just had so many other things to do that were more important.
Jon had to go up into the attic and it distressed Caitlin that Daddy kept disappearing into that hole. So she climbed the ladder to get to him. I might add that she climbed to the top all by herself with no help from me. But I was right there just in case.She's fearless.Dominic certainly isn't afraid of heights either.This looked so weird to see Jon's hand poking through the ceiling that I had to take a picture. Notice the battle wounds. Poor guy really paid for this gift.My mother's day was wonderful. It showed me again how blessed I am to have the most wonderful family in the world. My husband is amazing and he gave me the most precious children.

No comments: