Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Cohutta Springs Camp

Jon and I made the very hard decision to send Dominic to camp this year. So this last Sunday we drove down to Georgia and dropped our little boy off for a week of camp.

He woke us up at 5am bouncing off the walls. He was so excited. The trip down was pure torture for him. Thankfully we were taking a friend of his, who would be in his cabin.

This picture was taken after we teased them that they might not be in the same cabin together. 
And people think girls are the dramatic ones.

Carting their stuff up the hill to the cabin.
 

He would have let me leave without a goodbye. The hug (way too short) and quick smile for the camera and then we needed to leave. He had things to do.

The camp has this awesome feature on their website. You can pick which camp your child is in, and then view pictures and videos of the children.
Each day finds me watching the entire slideshow in hopes that I can catch a glimpse of my sweet boy. I miss him so much. Every single picture of him shows that he's having the time of his life. He's laughing, participating, and making new friends. But I'm sitting here with a million things to do, glued to the computer hoping to catch another glimpse of him. It's probably pathetic. He's clearly not missing me. =) I, however, am counting the days until he gets home.

No comments: