Saturday, February 6, 2010

Growing?

My children seem to be eating an enormous amount lately. So I thought I'd blog about it so everyone would believe me. =)
I grew up not being allowed to eat snacks. As a child I never knew why I wasn't allowed to eat between meals, it was just a rule. Now as a parent I understand how snacking can sometimes ruin a meal so I don't allow my kids very many snacks either. But Dominic is blowing my mind with his eating lately.
Yesterday I kept track of how much they both ate just to see if it was my imagination or not.
Breakfast
Dominic -
3 regular size pancakes with peanut butter and applesauce.
2 bananas
2 glasses of soy milk
some yogurt (not sure how much)
Caitlin - (remember that she weighs 16lbs)
2 regular size pancakes with peanut butter and yogurt
1 banana
1 glass of soy milk

Lunch
Dominic -
1 bean burritto
large serving of rice w/ vegies
2 cups juice
about 10 crackers with hummus and cheese cubes
Caitlin -
1 cheese sandwich (she hates beans)
about 5 crackers with hummus
1 cup of soy milk
1 sliced apple

At 3pm Dominic told me he was hungry and was almost crying about it. So I fed him.
Snack
1 large bowl of stir-fry with tofu and noodles
1 cup soy milk
At 4:30pm he started asking when supper was so I fed him some animal crackers and more soy milk.

Supper
Jon was taking Dominic to the Y to swim and Caitlin and I were staying home so I made him a "picnic" supper to take with him to eat after he went swimming.
Dominic -
2 cheese sandwiches
1 apple
1 bag of animal crackers
1 cup soy milk
He ate the soy milk and most of the animal crackers once he got home from swimming right before we put him to bed.
Caitlin -
2 bowls of pasta with vegies
She kept asking for more and I didn't have any more pasta.
1 slice of wheat bread
1 carton of yogurt
She also drinks milk before going to bed each night.

Now doesn't that seem like an enormous amount of food for two little kids to eat. Jon and I joke that we'll have to take out a loan to feed them in a few days.

No comments: