Saturday, February 6, 2010

Poor Kitty and other things

A couple of cute pictures and some of Dominic's thoughts.

One day when asked why he was whining so much -
"I'm whining because I need more Legos so I can build my house. I'll have to spread the world to everyone so that I'll get some more as a present." This was followed by a very pleading look to me.

When told to eat some vegies -
"I'm getting to be a strong boy and I don't need to grow up to be 5 so I can stop eating this."

"Daddy, are you a pilot?"
"Yes."
"When I get to be 5 can you take me up in your airplane so I can touch the sky and the clouds?"

Apparently 5 is the age to be around here.

A bit of back ground on Tolkien, our cat -
He weighs around 15-16lbs. He's chased off large dogs and can catch prey (even birds) even though he's declawed. We brought him home when he was 1 yr old, almost 7 yrs ago. So this 9-11 he will be 8 yrs old. If you upset him he will bite you since he doesn't have claws. So technically he's old and ornery. But when it comes our kids it's another story.
Our poor kitty is so tolerant of the kids. Caitlin is very gentle with him and just follows him around petting him and squealing. But Dominic has always been a bit more rough in his loving.
His favorite thing is treating Tolkie like a dog and laying on his stomach to read a book or play with something.When Tolkie has had enough he'll get up and leave. But, strangely enough, he keeps coming back for more. This picture is of Jon and Dominic reading the worship story and Tolkie climbed up into Jon's lap.Caitlin caught in the act of trying to steal something.And very proud of herself for getting it.

1 comment:

Jo Abair said...

Thats one tolerant cat! Our cat goes OUT OF HER WAY to attack us, jump on my head as I walk up the stairway, lies in wait regularly to jump out and attempt to destroy your legs... Acts sweet to be picked up in order to ATTACK YOU even if its your face! She is wonderful and we love her but it would be sweet if she could be more loving like this kitty!