Monday, February 1, 2010

Salsa

Jon and I tried out a new Mexican restaurant today. While the kids and I waited on Jon to get there we munched on the chips and salsa. Normally both kids only eat the chips. But Caitlin noticed me dipping the chips into the salsa and had to copy me. She is into copying everything she sees so I wasn't surprised. What surprised me was that she LOVED it. The salsa wasn't hot at all, but it had enough kick that I expected her to at least make a face. Nothing. Later when she didn't have a chip and she dipped her hand in and got about a tablespoon in her mouth she made a tiny grimace. =)

I think Caitlin's eating habits are going to be totally different from her brother. Last night for supper we had spaghetti and peas. The rule is that you have to eat your vegies before getting seconds or dessert. Dominic decided that he'd rather skip seconds AND dessert than have to eat his peas. The peas were the first thing that Caitlin shoved into her mouth. Dominic's first comment if something is new is "I don't like that." He's very reluctant to try anything new and has been that way from the beginning. Caitlin, on the other hand, will try anything once and loves vegetables.
Hmmm! Sounds like Jon and I. =)

No comments: