Tuesday, October 28, 2008

One of those days

Today has just been one of those days. I have a cold and am tired so everything that my precious child does is exaggerated. After having him get into the jelly jar, put his fingers in my milk and then spill it all over my sandwich, pee on the floor, break a book, jump on the cat and several other things I was at my wits end. I called Jon and was venting a little. At the end I asked him "Are you SURE that you don't want to be a stay-at-home dad and let me go back to work." After he assured me he wouldn't, he also accused me of being a poor sales person. =)
A friend called and I propped myself on the bed to relax for a few minutes. I could hear Dominic playing with his cars and then he started bringing them to me and lining them up on my leg. By the time I was off the phone my entire leg and most of my stomach had turned into a parking lot. He kept telling me "Don't move, mommy." After he'd brought most of them into the bedroom he crawled up onto the bed and we played for a while. I'd share a car or show him a favorite and he'd give me a big hug. One time he said "I love you mommy. I like it when you're here." He is such a sweet heart. I couldn't help having one of those ahhhh moments. I really DO love my "job". Even when he's being a pill I can't help compare it to two years ago when I was working. This pregnancy has been so much better. I'd liked my job then, but I love it now and wouldn't trade it for anything. So I guess it's a good thing I'm a poor sales person. =)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

K and I are trying to figure out who is going to be the breadwinner in our family. We both want to stay home with N, but time will tell. Thanks for sharing.