Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Moving

We have had a very crazy past few weeks. Jon received calls from several recruiters while we were at camp meeting. Once we returned he received several other calls. When it rains, it pours. He had a phone interview and while we were at vacation bible school the recruiter called and set up an interview for a company in Cookeville, TN. This would put us within 2 hrs of my parents and all of our siblings. It would put us within driving distance to Jon's parents. The town is a great place to raise children. The crime rate is considerably lower than New Bern and the cost of living is lower as well. They have a church school and the church is over 2x the size of the one here.
I decided to go with Jon and look at houses while he was in the interview. It was a crazy two days and it took the kids about a week to get back on schedule and catch up on sleep.
But today we received official notice that Jon starts work at Tutco in Cookeville, TN on July 19th. So now the craziness begins.
We are excited and yet it so sad. I've had several friends cry and that has upset me. I was crying myself this morning. Such a bittersweet time. But God has shown us where he wants us - so let the adventure begin.
I will try to keep everything pretty up to date. We'll see how that goes. =)

No comments: