Saturday, March 16, 2013

Dominic

I was talking to Dominic about a friend of ours and made the comment -
"She thinks you are the cutest thing ever."
His response -
"Just like everyone else does."
And the thing that got me was that he was in complete seriousness.

********

I had a pottery party last night and when a friend of mine left, Dominic commented on how beautiful and adorable she was. When I asked him if he knew what adorable meant he said "little and really, really cute." My friend is tiny. And I think Dominic is half in love. =)

********

Dominic told a classmate that she looked like a rockstar when commenting on her new hair cut. I was surprised, because he likes long hair on girls, but this was apparently a shorter cut. But he told me he loved it, hence the rockstar comment.

********

Dominic and some of his classmates were talking with their teacher about how tired she was that morning. Dominic comes out with the seemingly random comment "My mom is probably laying on the couch right now taking a rest." What?!
So that evening I asked him what he meant by that.
He truly thought I came home every day from dropping him off and spent the day reading and resting on the couch waiting on him to get home.
Funny thing was about the time he was saying this, I was out running 6 miles. And that day I didn't come home until after I'd picked him up from school. Guess I need to educate my dear son on the jobs of a stay-at-home mom.

********

Dominic lost another tooth over spring break.

No comments: