Saturday, July 20, 2013

Random bits!

Last week we went went on a walk with some friends. A couple of the neighborhood boys wanted to come so we took them too. On the return home we had a car full of sweaty, smelly children. 
 So Jon and I rolled down the windows. Almost immediately Caitlin started yelling -
"Roll up the windows. We are going to junk!"

We couldn't figure out what she was talking about. Finally after several questions we realized some of her papers were blowing around in the back seat and she was afraid they were going to fly out the window causing us to litter or junk. And junking is very bad!

We are babysitting a precious little dog, Bo. He's been an absolute angel and the kids and I are really enjoying having him here. He's sweet, obedient, patient, and the list goes on. He's a doll.
In this picture he had jumped on the chair (I don't let animals on the furniture) and was watching tv with me. The kids came in and had to join him. Notice who is taking the whole seat?
I also don't let the kids sit on the arms of the furniture. But I just didn't have the heart to make to make any of them move. It was just too precious.
He's also benefited us in a way we didn't expect. 
We have an annoying neighbor dog that has a serious case of little dog syndrome. He's always charging the kids, barking at high volume. It scares them and it's especially bad when he gets into our back yard when they are out playing.

Yesterday I was at the neighbors talking to my friend. One of the boys came running over to get me. The annoying dog was in the back yard chasing again. I could see the gate open and assumed one of the kids had left it open. Since little Bo was also in the back yard I was a little concerned. Bo is a bit froufrou. What would this dog do to sweet little Bo? I came back across my yard to barking (we had yet to hear Bo bark). But to my surprise it was Bo in full attack mode. He was nipping at this dog's legs as he chased him out of our yard at full speed. As you can imagine Bo got lots of praise and a treat.
We might be kidnapping borrowing a little dog. =)
Isn't he cute?!

No comments: