Saturday, April 19, 2014

Random bits

Caitlin is an amazing help around the house. The other day when she finished her usual chore of putting all of the dirty laundry in the laundry room she put all of the white things in the washer and asked for my help with the soap. The next thing I knew she was asking me to reach a dryer sheet because she'd transferred everything to the dryer. When the dryer beeped she took everything out, folded it, and put the folded clothes in everyone's rooms. She made a comment about my "shirts of the night" being on my bed. She was referring to my tank tops that I sleep in.

Caitlin asked me yesterday if we could put pall nalish on our toes.

On the way home from shopping the other day I asked Caitlin what she wanted for lunch. She said green bean salad. I've NEVER made green bean salad. I kept asking different questions until I figured out what she was talking about. It's this -

pasta with peas, tenderbits, and mushroom sauce.

Caitlin was pretending to be pregnant. I've had several friends lately who are either pregnant or just had a baby. But Dominic came into the room and saw her like this and took it in a whole other direction.
 
We've been super busy so I haven't had time to blog. But Dominic's class had a presentation at school that was just precious. One of the parts was the children acting out the book "Alexander and the terrible horrible no good very bad day". Dominic was Alexander and it was hilarious. I'm really wishing I'd recorded it. Guess you'll just have to take my word for it.

 He was asked to write a story. So he wrote the story in comic book style. The drawings were small, but really good. And the story was really funny - typical Dominic humor.



No comments: