Sunday, January 8, 2012

Freedom

Yesterday was Caitlin's first day in the Kindergarten class at church. Last week she had her promotion.
Jon and I were really looking forward to being in an adult class together after 5 1/2 years of taking turns or both being in the children's classes.
Since Dominic is still in there for a little bit I was fairly certain that she would do okay.
But it's always nice to have it confirmed.
I received this message from the teacher this morning. -

Hi Tima,
I wanted to send you a message in case I don't get to talk to you soon & I don't want to forget to tell you...

I thought Caitlin did great yesterday. Dominic very much embraced the role of big brother. It was so sweet because when I asked who wanted to pray, Dominic said that Caitlin did. She didn't seem convinced but he was and he told her he would help her. So when her turn came, he said a prayer and she repeated the phrases after him. It was very sweet.
=)

 I'm so proud of my kids. And Jon and I are enjoying the freedom of having "older" kids.

No comments: