Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Homework

We have a set routine that after the past two years is pretty set in stone.

1. Arrive home from school and empty back pack. Take care of the things in the back pack.
2. Do any homework.
3. Practice piano.
4. Do chores (including getting ready for school tomorrow).
5. Go play.

I've mentioned quite often that I'm not cut out to homeschool. Today reiterated this very well.
Dominic gave me his red folder (full of info for parents, take home papers, and homework).
I pulled out a sheet of homework. It was only a couple of questions that I knew he could answer. So I didn't even bother to offer my assistance.

He began whining. 
"I can't do this. It's impossible."
Seriously?!
When I asked him what the problem was, he explained that his failure to even start was due to his lack of a pencil.
"Please don't tell me you say this to your teachers?"
"Uhm, no. I just answer the questions."
Sigh!
And THIS is why I don't homeschool. I am perfectly willing to pay educated and qualified teachers to wrestle teach my sweet little boy. =)

No comments: