Thursday, August 7, 2014

Happy Birthday Dominic!

I didn't forget his birthday. I just didn't have time to post anything on here.

This is the non-party year for Dominic. So he chose one friend and we had them over on Sabbath to eat lunch and cake with us. Then Dominic spent the day playing with his friend. The bonus - the friend came with a sister. =)
Dominic requested a Lego cake. The poor kid requested it before the fire. So I purchased the ingredients and walked over to my in-laws to make it. Then I carried everything back over to the house and spent ages trying to get the fondant wrapped around it. As you can see from the pictures, if it's a Lego, it's one that's been melting in the sun.
But Dominic was so proud and in love with it, so I tried not to be embarrassed.

His actual birthday was spent celebrating with family, including his cousin who came up to spend the week with us.

I love this little boy, except he's not quite so little any more. His crazy energy, funny stories, infectious laugh, and sweet heart are some of the awesome things about him.
I'm so blessed that I get to be his mom.

I took some pictures for his "professional" pics that will be on here later.

No comments: