Thursday, July 9, 2009

Mysterious ways!

There are things that happen in my life that seem very frustrating at the time and I get upset or disappointed. But then as I look back I can see where God is working everything out. If I could just remember that while the situation is happening I'd be in better shape. =)
I was supposed to go to Nashville to visit a friend and also see my family. Several things happened and I just wasn't able to go. I was bummed, but am now also glad that I made the hard decision to stay.
Our brakes need new brake pads. No problem for Jon to change them, but I would have been a little freaked out if I'd gotten half way there and they started squealing on me like they are doing now.
Dominic will get to see Jon fly this week and he would have missed that. Jon has also said several times how glad he is that we are here with him. I think he loves us! =)
Also I had met two girls earlier this summer and was able to spend quite a bit of time with them this week and I would have missed that opportunity to make some awesome new friends if I hadn't been here. So while I am really disappointed that I missed out on seeing some people I really feel like it was God who helped me make the decision to stay home.
Now let's see if I can remember this next time. =)

No comments: