Friday, September 18, 2009

Quiet Time

I have finally hit the nap time jack pot. After months of trial and error and lots of tears I found a solution to nap time.

Dominic hasn't been taking consistent naps for a while now. And it was a fight to get him to stay in his room. He might eventually go to sleep, but it would be late enough that he wouldn't sleep that night or we'd have to wake him up. Then he was grumpy. Caitlin had been in the pac-n-play in our room so she could get a good nap.

I moved Caitlin to her crib and Dominic to our room. I told him that he could watch a movie (his are usually about 30 minutes long) and it would be the ONLY time he could watch tv all day. Then I got some books, stuffed animals and the timer. The timer is set for 60 minutes. He has to be quiet the whole time and can only come out when the timer goes off.
Dominic has had a total change in attitude. He LOVES quiet time and yesterday even asked for it when he got up that morning.
Today Dominic lost his tv privileges. I was so proud of him when quiet time came. Even w/out the movie he was so quiet and didn't once come out until the timer went off.
My days are better as well. No fighting to make him stay in his room and quiet time for me. =)

No comments: