Monday, November 16, 2009

Brown People/Skateboard Park

Dominic has refused to call African Americans anything but "brown people". AA is too long and they certainly aren't black.
"Mommy, why are some people brown?"
"Because God made them that way."
"Oh, can I be brown too sometime?"

We went to the park for a mom's group today. I hadn't ever been to this park, but had heard that there was a skate board park somewhere near. Dominic takes his skate board everywhere with him so he was pretty excited when we pulled up and saw the park. This park is the cutest little thing I've ever seen. The "half pipe" comes to about my waist. They have a set of stairs and a couple of other things -all pint size. Dominic stood at the top of the pipe and pushed his board down. Then he ran down laughing. =) Not quite what it was intended for, but he had fun. I didn't even think about my camera until after he'd taken all of his gear off. I'll have to remember to get pictures next time.
The kids were all leaning over the edge feeding the turtles.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now I really can't wait to meet this little boy!