Monday, July 19, 2010

Moving Out

I think the stress of the move is getting to the kids. At least Dominic seems to be affected by it. Today he mentioned several times that he didn't want to leave our home, that he was going to miss our home so much. In the very next breath he's starting to cry because he can't wait until we get to TN so he can see Daddy. Poor little kid is worn out and confused. I haven't seen him cry this much. Caitlin seems blissfully unaware of what is happening, but is so sensitive that if Dominic is crying she'll cry too even if she has no clue why.

Jon left on Sunday so he could start his new job today (Monday). He was pretty loaded down with stuff, but said he didn't have any trouble getting there. Kitty and a plant made the trip with Jon to TN. I will be bringing the kids and the other plant that we decided to keep.
The packers came today. They did an amazing job and actually got some things loaded on the truck already. So I'm hoping that they will be finished tomorrow before I go to pick up my mother-in-law from the airport in the afternoon.
My temporary barricade for the stairs. They packed my gate.
I've had some interesting moments because I forgot things. Today I forgot to get the hair dryer before it was packed and that is what I had intended to blow up my air mattresses for tomorrow night with. But I'm hoping my neighbor has one I can borrow.
Also I had intended to keep out some paper/plastic eating items in case we wanted something here at the house. Somehow I forgot again. So when I went to get the ice cream out of the freezer (I'm trying to eat as much as I can before we leave and I give the leftovers to my neighbor) I realized that I didn't have anything to eat it with. I found a bowl and a slotted serving spoon that the movers forgot to pack. It was difficult, but doable. =)

No comments: