Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Under Contract in Cookeville!

When we didn't get the house that we had made an offer on we were disappointed. But then I remembered that we were disappointed about the job in Greensboro and God had something even better planned for us (Cookeville). So I called our realtor and scheduled to look at some more houses yesterday. It was the last day that my mother-in-law would be here to watch the kids so I needed to find something unless I wanted to take 2x as long and drag the kids with me.

We looked at several houses that were nice, but I found an older home in a really nice neighborhood. It was built in the 60s and had only had one owner. It has approx 1 acre of fenced in back yard with a shop building for Jon's Model A and workshop area. The house is 3 bedroom 2 bath w/ approx 2000 sq ft. It needs quite a bit of cosmetic work, but it was priced to sell so we made an offer that if accepted would allow us to pay cash for the home.

They accepted this morning and we are under contract. We are super excited. It isn't the prettiest home right now, but I've seen a ton of homes over the past week and have lots of ideas to incorporate into our home. And since we won't have a mortgage we will be able to start work immediately.

Front view of home.
View of back yard from the patio.
I'll take more pictures when we return from Canada.

3 comments:

Stephanie Pyke said...

I love the huge back yard! Im glad it came through for you. Now for the hard part of moving in and getting settled. If you need any help painting or babysitting etc... just let me know :)

jvalencia said...

That's great! congratulations... I'm very glad for you; isn't God awesome?
See you guys tomorrow @ 12:23 MST

Laura said...

I like the back yard! And with your husband and yourself both being good with fixing places up, you'll have it looking and feeling like you want in no time at all! Congratulations!