Saturday, July 24, 2010

Our temporary home

Our hotel is a pet hotel. Since we have a cat they put us up in a place that accepts pets. When you walk into the lobby it smells like a vets office. Not the best smell, but one I can live with to prevent poor Tolkien from being alone and stressed in a kennel.
But the main problem with the hotel is the moisture. Apparently the hotel was built on a swamp. So there is water dripping from the air vents and the carpet is moist. I put the dirty clothes on the floor and a few pieces molded. A paper brought into the room will soon become limp. Add this to the small spaces and us eating out for every meal and we are very ready to be in our own home.

My mother-in-law has been watching the kids in the afternoon during their quiet time while I look at houses. Because of my extensive internet searching, I had narrowed down the list of homes to look at. So I only had twelve homes to look at over two afternoons. The first day I found a home that I really liked. It was one that I didn't think I would care for and almost took off the list, but figured it wouldn't hurt to look at it. I walked in the door and felt at home. I had Jon come back that evening and he liked it as well.

So tomorrow my dad comes over to give us his professional opinion and if they (Jon and Daddy) can't find anything wrong with the home we will be making an offer. I'm super excited!

No comments: