Saturday, July 17, 2010

Only 5 more days

Only 5 more days until I'm in TN. The movers came today and loaded up the Model A. I was glad that Jon was here for that. Tomorrow we go to church and say our final goodbyes. We are having lunch and supper with more friends who want a last goodbye. And I've got to tell you - I'm really glad. We don't really have any food in our house. =)
The kids seem to be taking all of this in stride. Dominic is very aware of what is going on. He mentions being excited about moving to TN and living in a new place. He has a few requests for our new home. He wants a dog, a porch swing and his own room with bunk beds. All things that we can get him thankfully.
Jon leaves on Sunday morning and then the kids and I will wait until the house is packed and loaded on the truck before heading out ourselves. I am a bit nervous about that. And I think the only reason is because of all of the horrific stories that people feel called upon to tell us. Mostly stories of never seeing our things again. Sigh! Such loving friends. =)
But on a good note, we are really excited about our new adventure. God's hand is in this move and we can't help but be excited knowing that He wants us in Cookeville.

No comments: