Friday, July 23, 2010

Safe and Sound

We are finally here in Cookeville, TN. We (my mother-in-law, the kids and I) drove over on Wednesday. The kids were really good. The battery was dead on Dominic's dvd player. He was so disappointed, but handled it very well.
The only problem that we had the whole way there was with our phones. For some reason no one could call us. I did wonder why Jon hadn't called to check on our progress through out the day. Turns out he (along with several other people) had been trying all day to get a hold of us.

The past two afternoons I have spent with the realtor. She has shown me some beautiful homes. But I walked in the door of one and fell in love. It wasn't the one that I was expecting to like the most. It's not the typical style that Jon and I would have gone for, but the home is gorgeous inside and it feels like home.
I called my dad and he's coming over on Sunday to check out the house and give us his professional opinion.

We are staying in a decent hotel, but would really like to be in our own home so we are praying that this house is the one that God wants us to have and we can proceed.

No comments: