Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Our 4th of July trip

Jon had two extra days off from work and so we decided to go and see his family in Kansas. We made plans to stop at my Aunt's house on the way there and back to break up the trip.
It was a fun trip as far as seeing our family, but I'll admit that it will be a while before you can convince any of us to get in the car for that long again. It was a LONG trip.

We stayed with Aunt Gail (Gee Gee). Dominic was so confused all weekend because Aunt Gail's grandchildren Jessica and Jake were there and they call her Gee Gee. I think for a long time he thought it was two separate people.

Walking out to see the garden
Caitlin found some treasures
Jessica and Jennifer (Jon's cousin)
I was playing around with the settings on my camera

There is this tiny little hill (remember this is Kansas) beside the house.
It has a playground and scenic overlook on top.
We took the kids up there early in the morning before it got too hot so they could play.

His doctor probably shouldn't see this picture.
Crazy boy forgets his arm is broken.
Caitlin has to copy everything her big brother does.
I was standing by just in case, but she did great.

Goofy kids.
Visiting grandma.
Aunt Gail (Gee Gee) cooking yummy breakfast.
Jon's parents came up at the same time and 
Jennifer and her kids ate with us quite a few times as well.
Visiting grandpa

Family picture - aren't we a great looking bunch?!  =)
Aunt Gail with her grandchildren, Jacob and Jessica
We left Kansas the morning of the 4th and stopped in Missouri for the evening at my Aunt's house.
We played in the pool and visited before we headed out the next morning.
Because Uncle David is a doctor we felt safe letting Dominic have a cast free moment so he could enjoy the pool.
Silly girl!
My adorable grandparents.
I grew up watching my grandpa set off fireworks every year.
Apparently he still enjoys them, because he purchased a huge bag of them to set off for Dominic.
The colored smoke bombs were Dominic's favorites.
On Tuesday morning we left my Aunt's and headed home.
I have always wanted to see the Arch up close and so we decided to stop and see if we could get a ticket to ride up. They are limited and it's first come, first serve.
We walked down to the base.
When we saw the long line we decided to wait until we return in the fall and try again.
It wasn't worth the 2 hour wait in the sun with the kids.
Jon took this picture. I love it!
Dominic wanted me to take a picture of this stump. 
So I had him sit on it with the city behind him.
It was great to visit with our family. But we are very glad to be back home again.

No comments: