Saturday, October 1, 2011

Time Flies

I get in from running the other morning to find Dominic waiting for me.
He's rarely up that early so I asked him what he was doing.
"Mom, time sure flies."
"Okay, how does that explain you being up?"
"Well I woke up at 3:58 to go potty and when I got back it was 6:00. So I just decided to stay up and play quietly in my room until everyone else got up since time was going by so quickly."

Now I know that he wasn't really in the bathroom that long because there is no way I missed a large child in the bathroom with me when I was getting ready to go running. So he must have misread the clock. But it was so funny to hear that adult saying coming from him.

Speaking of adult words and sayings - Today Caitlin was looking at a photo book and saw a picture of Dominic with his hair sticking up.
"His hair sure looks funky."
What normal 2 yr old says the word funky?
According to the kids she learned it from Dominic. 
Guess that explains everything. =)

No comments: