Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Camp meeting

We are having a wonderful time here at camp meeting. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures to put with it at the moment because I failed to bring any extra batteries or the charger for my camera and it died today just before I tried to take a picture.
We got here on Sunday evening and I needed to go get groceries for the week. When we returned the kids were tired and ready for bed so we headed up stairs to start the evening routine.
At about 11:30 as we were getting into bed my stomach growled and I mentioned that I was hungry. Somehow that made Jon think of the groceries and it dawned on us that we hadn't ever gotten them out of the trunk. So at almost midnight we were running down the stairs to retrieve our food. Thankfully everything was fine. Jon and I are SOOO forgetful. Can you imagine what we'll be like in 10 years? =)

We took Dominic putt-putt golfing this evening for the first time. He had so much fun. He was getting better and better, but was using the club more like a shovel. At the last few holes he just kicked it into the hole. Pretty cute.

We are staying in a house w/ several friends. The room that we are staying in is very nice. It has a very large bedroom, huge bath with a jetted tub and a large walk-in closet. The closet is large enough to put Dominic's air mattress and Caitlin's pac-n-play in. Every evening we give them a bath in the tub. It involves one of us getting in the tub and the other helping from the side. They love it. Then we put them to bed together in the closet. Tonight I had to ask both of them to be quiet several times because they were "talking" to each other. Caitlin will make some noises and Dominic will answer her. He answers as if she's really said something. If I ask her a question he'll tell me what her response is.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Sounds like you guys are having too much fun! =) Glad you're enjoying the room and tub and D & C are enjoying the closet. We're all so bummed to not be there! Katie, especially! She keeps mentioning things, events, and people she's missing out on seeing/doing! Eat a popsickle for me, please!