Sunday, May 3, 2009

Papis is gone!!!

We've been trying to convince Dominic to give up his papis (pacifier) for some time now. We promised him a party and presents. We told him it would mean he was a big boy now. Nothing had worked.
He had started chewing on it. I told him it would break it, but, of course, he didn't listen. So the other morning I found a hole in the pacifier. I showed it to him and told him that it would fall off pretty soon if he didn't stop chewing on it. It gave me an idea and when he wasn't looking I cut off the tip. That was Friday.
Sabbath morning he was showing me his broken papis and telling me about the rough night he'd had because papis was broken. I showed him another crack further down on the plastic and told him that pretty soon the whole thing would break. He got the most disgusted look on his face and gave this huge sigh.
"I'm going to throw papis away." I let him and last night we had a party. He didn't sleep well for his nap and bedtime last night. But I think he's enjoying his presents and will hopefully soon forget about papis.

The VERY home-made cake. Jill made the little pacifier. I think she did a great job.
Showing off his new presents. Annie & Clarabel from Thomas the Train.
He was pretty excited that he was getting to eat cake.

No comments: