Monday, May 25, 2009

Country living

A couple of days ago I looked out the window and thought I saw a piece of trash in the lawn. I intended to go pick it up once the kids were down for their naps.
About 30 minutes later Dominic started yelling that he'd seen a turtle outside. I looked out and saw my trash moving. We went out and found this huge turtle trying to make it into the woods. It was about a foot long and almost as wide. It has spikes on it's tail and a few on the back of it's shell. Our neighbor had found a snapping turtle a few years ago and it had been a bit aggressive. This little guy wasn't the least aggressive and seemed very afraid of us.
I couldn't get a good picture of his head since he wasn't very friendly. But I'm hoping some one knows what type of turtle he is.

No comments: