Wednesday, September 1, 2010

14th Wedding Anniversary

Happy Anniversary to Jon and I.
 We've been married for 14 years today.
Since most of the day was spent dealing with closing on our home we didn't get a chance to celebrate. But I'm sure we will find some quiet time to ourselves later.
I'm just thankful that I've been able to spend the last 14 years married to the most wonderful and amazing man. God certainly blessed me when He sent me to the same school as Jon Murrell. I couldn't have asked for a better husband and father to my children.
I was reading a blog www.womenlivingwell-courtney.blogspot.com
She had a marriage challenge going on this summer. Some of the things were impossible to do while living in a hotel so I decided to participate, but at a later date.
I'll probably be posting on my other blog, but wanted to mention some of the things she talked about.
One of the challenges was to take a look at your spouse and list all of his good qualities.
Jon has so many, but one of my favorites is his patience with me. 
He's very logical, smart and has a ton of common sense. He is great at looking at a situation and thinking outside the box. For some reason I suck at this. =)
He's so good with the kids. He gives them bathes and reads them stories every night. Also every night he goes through this little ritual with Dominic. It involves laying down with Dominic in his tiny bed and praying with him. It melts my heart and makes me love him so much more.
Every day that goes by I thank God for my husband and fall a little more in love with him. When we got married we had been together for 4 years and I didn't think it was possible to love him more than I did then. But I have been proven wrong.
Jon is very artistic. He can draw, but that isn't what I'm referring to. He has designed and built me a home and made furniture for the kids.
He is also great at fixing anything. He does all of the work on the cars and fixes anything around the house. There are so many more wonderful things about my husband, but I think I'll save them for the later blog post.
I'm so proud to call Jon Murrell my husband!!
I love you dear!

1 comment:

Richard Lawry said...

Wow. 14 years. I can't believe it. I must be getting old.

An Arkies Musings