Friday, September 17, 2010

Random bits of stuff

When Dominic says something cute and I don't have a moment to blog I will write it down in my planner. I was throwing away the old pages and found several things from the previous weeks and thought I'd go ahead and post them even thought it's not in order.

Dominic was praying for lunch.
"Please bless the food and please bring us more."
Guess he figured I hadn't made enough. =)

Dominic had been playing really rough.
"My underknee hurts. I guess I'm falling apart, Mom."

Caitlin turned to me out of the blue and gave me a huge hug and kiss. Then she said "wov you mom." I melted into a little puddle. Dominic has her calling me mom and it's so cute to hear her. She's starting to talk more clearly, but will frequently make up words for ones she doesn't know. It's keeping us guessing. Her most consistent one is maa maa for water.

Dominic had been waking up very early and I wasn't having time to have my devotions. So I put an alarm clock in his room and told him it had to have a 7 in the front before he could get up. This has worked amazingly well.
Yesterday he woke up at 8am. It gave Caitlin and I some quality time together. When he came out of his bedroom he said:
 "I slept until 8 o'clock, Mom. I think I went overboard in sleeping."

By the time we got into our home the kids comfort items (bear and blanket) were getting pretty disgusting. So I tossed them in the washing machine on hand wash. It was apparently fascinating and distressing.
 
Good thing the handwash cycle is short. Because they stood right there and watched their precious items the WHOLE time.
Yeah! They are done!!!

Dominic playing on his bunk beds. Blogspot won't rotate the picture correctly. But I think you get the point.
Caitlin playing IN the toy box.

Our little girls.
Josie
Sarah 
The dogs love these bar stools. They head straight for them when they get in the house. In fact, that is where they are sleeping right now.
Every morning when I take the dogs outside I see this beautiful fog. But by the time I get the camera it's all burned off. I finally captured some of it.

1 comment:

Richard Lawry said...

Don't you just love the way a child's mind works. I always enjoy you posting the kid's words of wisdom. You did let the secret out how you are able to remember them all.

An Arkies Musings