Sunday, November 14, 2010

Business trip

Jon had to be gone for two days this past week on a business trip.
He left on Wednesday morning. Dominic has gymnastics on Wednesday and his class gets out at noon. So we always eat lunch with Jon. I hadn't completed my errands when I had to pick him up so we went ahead and ate in town. The kids kept asking where Jon was the whole meal. Dominic kept saying how much he missed his Daddy.
Then that night they both missed him again. He is usually the one who gives them their bath and puts them to bed. I get to supervise tooth brushing and get hugs before they head to bed. When I did everything for them it really confused them. 
I also missed him when I was alone at home in the dark. =)
The puppies never asked for their supper and so I was ready for a shower and bed when I remembered that I needed to feed them and let them out to potty. I put their food in a bowl and put it in the kitchen. We usually feed them outside, but it was a bit cold. I was in the shower when I heard someone knocking on the door. I yelled for Dominic to come in and nothing happened. I was pretty freaked out by the time I opened the door to discover my dogs were bumping their heads on the door. They wanted company while they ate supper.

The girls love their cage. They will go in and fall asleep before they've even had supper.
 Josie asleep on Jon's lap.

Jon's parents arrived for a visit on Thursday afternoon and much to our delight Jon showed up right after supper. We were so happy to have him home again.

1 comment:

Richard Lawry said...

I hope you had a good visit with Tony and Gina. Being a grandparent is the best!!

An Arkies Musings