Friday, November 5, 2010

Wishes!

Dominic was testing my authority and I was explaining to him that I was the mom and the one who made the rules. He was the person who had to obey, no matter what.
"WELL! That's not what I wanted to hear."

Every morning I wake up about an hour before the kids get up so I can have some quiet time to myself. After Jon leaves every morning I spend some time reading (devotions). A couple of times Dominic will wake up before I'm finished and he knows he can't talk until I have finished.

Today he was supposed to be in his room getting dressed. But he kept coming into the living room and messing with Caitlin.
"Dominic, go into your room and get dressed. Now!"
He immediately dropped into a sitting position, closed his eyes, folded his hands and said
"Please be quiet! I'm having my devotions and talking to Jesus."

Poor kid just thought that would get him out of trouble. Unfortunately for both of my children I was the queen at manipulating (or at least trying) when I was growing up.  
I'm on to them! =)

No comments: