Monday, August 15, 2011

Canoe Trip

We have this really cool and amazing friend. He's a quadriplegic due to an accident quite a few years ago. But he does not let this stop him. He's a really fun guy to be around. I stopped noticing a long time ago that he's even in a wheel chair. We've gone camping with him and yesterday we went canoeing. 
It wasn't super hot yesterday, but warm enough that I thought I'd need to get wet while canoeing to keep cool.
When we got down to the boat dock we could feel the cool air rising off of the water. The water was so cold that after a few minutes I could feel my feet going numb.This didn't seem to bother the kids at all. In fact, Dominic took a tumble several times and got completely wet. The look of shock on his face was comical, but it didn't keep him out of the water.

Waiting on the guys to finish shuttling the vehicles.


 Getting the boats in the water.

 
 And we're off.
 Riding in a canoe while someone else paddles is very fun!
 
The mist on the water was beautiful. 
It was a beautiful afternoon. I'm so glad Mike convinced us to go.
We are now looking for a canoe or a couple of two person kayaks. 

No comments: