Friday, April 16, 2010

Caitlin's putting her angel to work early

Tonight was one of those times that I've imagined but hoped to never have actually happen.
I had come upstairs to start supper and the kids were outside with Jon. I started supper and then got on the computer. Jon came up the stairs and told Dominic-the last one up the stairs-to shut the gate behind him. He even glanced back to make sure it was closed.
Jon went into the bathroom to work on the shelves he's been painting. A few minutes later I heard a thump, thump!
I knew immediately what had happened and ran screaming for the stairs. I made it to the gate as Caitlin hit the last few steps at the bottom and landed on the tile. If any of you have been to my house and seen the stairs you can imagine how freaked out I was. Caitlin was crying a little bit, but I think she was too fascinated about mommy freaking out. She just kept staring at me. Dominic was scared as well and we ended up comforting him more than Caitlin.
We've checked her out and watched her for hours and she is totally fine. I've been thanking God every 5 minutes ever since.
I just couldn't get my heart to stop pounding and asked Jon if he thought we should take her to the dr. even though she was eating, laughing and climbing onto everything. He said no, but did we need to take me. We probably should have. =)

1 comment:

Richard Lawry said...

I'm glad Caitlin is OK. Scary moment!

An Arkies Musings