Thursday, April 15, 2010

Cimn and Daddy Ack

Some of you might remember George. He was Dominic’s way of dealing with scary monsters. He disappeared when Dominic was no longer afraid. But around the time that Caitlin was born, Dominic created an imaginary brother. Brother gets blamed for everything that happens-good or bad. If I ask him where he heard something and he can’t remember he says that brother told him. If he wants to argue with me and knows he can’t he’ll say that brother doesn’t agree with me.

Gradually brother acquired a sister. Like brother she didn’t have a name. She was just sister. And then sister was joined by “friend” who was also nameless.
It can get amusing when Dominic tells someone all about brother and I have to explain that he’s imaginary so they don’t think I have more kids.
A couple of months ago he told me that friend was named Jon and sister was named Sarah. Last week he came up to me and showed me a piece of paper with CiMN written on it. When I asked him what it said he gave me a bewildered look. “Can’t you read it mom? It says simn. That’s my brother’s name.” So now brother has a name. Then a few days later he was talking about Daddy Ack. When I asked him who that was he said it was Cimn’s daddy.
Today I learned that Daddy Ack has brown hair, a pony tail and beard. He is tall and fat in places and skinny in other places. He rides a motorcycle and doesn’t own any other cars. So Cimn (brother) has to either ride on the motorcycle or drive himself places. He can do that since he’s 13 years old.
As you can imagine we have a rather full car and some interesting conversations when Kitty, Cimn, Sarah and Jon (friend) join us. =)

1 comment:

Richard Lawry said...

We had an imaginary friend at our house named Doc. If someone sat where Doc was sitting, there was trouble.

An Arkies Musings