Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Whirlwind Trip

I still have a rental house in NC, so this last weekend we made a whirlwind trip to go do an inspection on it. We had intended to fly, but when I heard how much money it was going to cost I convinced Jon to drive so I could put that towards getting my hardwood floors. I'm sure that he would rather have flown, especially after several hours of Dominic crying because he was getting a cold and couldn't breath.

The moon was huge driving through Knoxville. Pictures aren't great since we were driving.
 
We left after Jon got off work on Friday and arrived at 3am Saturday morning. The kids were awake by 6:30am. We headed to church and then spent the day running around trying to spend a little time with everyone we had been missing. I'm usually really good about taking pictures and this time I forgot every time, except at the park and when we met Michelle at 37th Street.

Caitlin pushing Jon on the merry-go-round.
Caitlin really enjoyed riding as well.
Dominic got a bit queasy after a few turns.
 Jon took some great pictures of the kids on the swings.
 
I love this picture of Caitlin.
Dominic and Adelae are so cute together.
 
I just love this little guy. He's so precious. And always happy (although his mom might not agree).
We woke up on Sunday morning and went to the rental house to do the inspection. Then we met a few more friends and headed home.

I took these pictures while the sun was setting. We were on the way home and had stopped to eat.
 
 
For some reason Caitlin wanted to hold my hand when she was going to sleep. She only wants to do this when she falls asleep in the car. My arm was going to sleep and so I told Dominic to hold her hand.

It was a crazy fast trip, but it was so nice to see everyone that we had been missing and even meet a new little guy who was born on Friday. We had fun, but are glad to be home again.

No comments: