Friday, March 23, 2012

Occupations

Dominic's occupations have changed with what is happening at the moment.
When he broke his arm he wanted to be an orthopedic surgeon.
When he read a book about turtles he wanted to be a marine biologist, except he wanted to study the dolphins. (This one has lasted the longest and comes back frequently.)
He wanted to be a cab driver when we were in Thailand.
And the list goes on.

So it was no surprise, that at breakfast this morning, we talked about occupations.
"Mom, I want to be a teacher when I grow up."
"That's a great job. What grades do you want to teach?"
"I'll teach three through eight."
"You don't want to teach Kindergarten?"
"No. I'm going to let my wife teach the lower grades."

He's aware that a couple of years ago Mr. White taught the lower grades, but this is the set up now and he wants to duplicate it, I guess. =)
I'm not going to break it to him that his wife might not be a teacher.

No comments: