Wednesday, May 2, 2012

He's Back!!!

Sometime around the beginning of February, Caitlin lost her Bear-Bear. We tore the house apart and couldn't find him. I'd seen him a few hours before bedtime so was fairly certain he was somewhere in the house. When we couldn't find him those first few days I sort of stopped looking. I had been terrified that we would lose him in Thailand. So I had her start taking a blue elephant she had to bed with her. I talked him up. 
"She's an elephant just like the one you'll be riding in Thailand. So you can take her with you to Thailand." 
She named her Flower Sunshine and seemed mostly okay about losing the bear. She would ask about him, but it was a lot less stressful than I'd anticipated.
The night we returned from Thailand she asked where her Bear-Bear was. By this time we'd written him off for lost. I felt terrible that she was still missing him. She continued for the next few months to ask about him periodically.

Yesterday I was watching two girls for a friend. I was in my bedroom when I hear a shriek -
"BEAR-BEAR!!!"
I KNEW what that meant. Sure enough, one of the little girls (Kelsey) had opened a tiny suitcase that Caitlin rarely uses to find Bear Bear stuffed inside. Poor Kelsey was probably very bewildered because Caitlin was so excited she was almost crying and I threw my arms around her and thanked her about a million times. Caitlin has kept Bear Bear with her every chance she gets.

It's a blurry picture, but it gets the point across about how closely she's holding on to her precious bear.
 He's hanging out in Daddy's helmet while we eat lunch.
Welcome Back Bear-Bear. You were missed!

No comments: