Thursday, May 17, 2012

Kindergarten Graduation

Tonight was Dominic's graduation from Kindergarten.
It was a very bittersweet time for me. I can't believe that my oldest child is now ready for first grade. That seems inconceivable. It was also hard because Marissa should have been there smiling and laughing with the other kids and she wasn't.
But I was also so very proud of my little man.
He won an award for Phonics and Reading. (No surprise there.)
He's grown so much, both physically and emotionally this past year.
He's had to experience things that most grown-ups haven't gone through and he's amazed me with his hunger for knowledge and his love for life.
I'm so in awe of the blessing that God gave me almost six years ago.
 Waiting to march up.
 Receiving his diploma from Ms. Julie
 Receiving his Phonics and Reading award
 With his fellow Kindergarten classmates
 Silly kids!
Congratulations Dominic!!!

No comments: