Thursday, March 5, 2009

Dominic's wife & other things

Dominic is fascinated w/ my wedding ring. I didn't wear one the whole time I was pregnant and so he has re-noticed it. He wanted to wear a ring also and I told him he'd have to wait until he grew up and got married. That my ring was to let everyone know I was married.
"Oh, to your husband?" "Daddy's your husband, mom." (Did he think I didn't know?)
He wanted to know if he was going to have a wife when he was all "growed" up. I said yes and asked him what he wanted her to look like.
"She's gonna have brown hair and wong hair wike you mommy. But no pony taiw. I don't wike pony taiws." Poor little wife! When ever I have a pony tail in he pulls out the holder. So now I know why.

Every time we stop at Jon's work or drive by Dominic points out where Daddy works. They are doing some extensive road work in front of the road leading to Jon's plant and so Dominic would point out any construction site and tell us "There's Bosch." I corrected him and told him it was road construction. So now when ever he sees those orange cones he gets all excited.
"Mommy, there's road construkin."

I had a dumb moment this morning. Dominic LOVES punching the numbers on the microwave. So every morning we find something to heat up. He's knows his numbers now because of it, so what's a little wasted electricity. This morning he got over zealous and pushed a button while the microwave was on. It suddenly child proofed it and I couldn't figure out how to undo it. I had heated up his pancake, but mine was still frozen. I was bemoaning the fact that I'd have to eat something different when Dominic said
"It's ok, mommy. Don't get frustrated. You can use the toaster." (toaster oven) I felt like an idiot. My 2 yr old thought of a solution before I did. I ended up just unplugging the microwave and when I plugged it back in it worked. But he's right, I could have used the toaster. Smart kid!

No comments: