Friday, March 20, 2009

Music

Dominic LOVES music. He knows the words to all of his little kid songs and a lot of words to some of our favorite adult songs that we sing. He can sing all of the songs at church as well. If the chorus is sung more than once he'll start following along by the 2nd verse. I guess music is his "thing". I take him to a music class and if he's having a rough day that is what I use to calm him down. He will be singing at the Talent Show at church tomorrow night. He's singing "You Are My Sunshine" while Jon plays the guitar.
When Jon and I are in the car we listen to the radio or our MP3 players. Dominic is pretty vocal about what songs he likes or dislikes. Just to clarify - Jon and I have VERY different tastes in music.
Jon was listening to a radio station on the way home from the Y the other night and a Marilyn Manson song came on. For those of you who don't know who that is - good! For those of you who do -it was the song "The Beautiful People". I guess Jon was getting ready to switch the station because he didn't think Dominic would care for it.
Dominic told Jon "Daddy I like that song, but I can't sing it." I'm not sure if I should be horrified that my son liked a Marilyn Manson song or thankful that it didn't freak him out. Sigh! My husband is corrupting my son. =)

No comments: