Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Daddy

Dominic didn't take a nap yesterday. This is typical, but too many of these days with regular bedtime and he is in desperate need of sleep. So last night we put him to bed early. Jon was flying and I knew he wouldn't be home in time for bedtime. So I promised Dominic that Daddy would come in and kiss him when he got home.
Dominic was praying after worship and part of his prayer was "Thank you for the nice day even though Daddy isn't here." Ahwww!
I put both kids down and Caitlin just wouldn't stop screaming. She's teething (I think.) and has also been acting more hungry than normal. So I went in to get her and Dominic was almost asleep. He was rubbing his blanket and his eyes were closed. In a very sleepy voice he said "Don't talk to me. I'm asleep."
I hadn't said anything so I don't know if he knew it was me or not. I didn't say a word to him. =)

No comments: