Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Strawberries

My kids LOVE strawberries. And I found this wonderful fruit stand that sells them by the flat (12 pints?). So last week and again today I purchased a ton. My intention was to freeze them. The frozen ones that I've been buying in the store just don't taste. They aren't bad, they just don't have very much flavor. These from the fruit stand are the best. So I bought enough to fill an entire shelf in my freezer. But my kids ate most of a flat. By the time we all ate our fill and I made a couple of meals with them I had enough to make one gallon bag. So today I went and bought twice as much. And I waited until Dominic and Caitlin were in their bedrooms for quiet time. Guess what happened? Dominic decided he didn't want to watch tv because he wanted to play his PS3 (He can't do both in the same day.) And Caitlin decided she didn't need to nap for very long.
Sigh! At least it's something healthy. So I'll be going back again to buy more.
And it's worth it when you get to have this for supper.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Oh, I want some!!!