Saturday, May 28, 2011

Whirlwind Trip

My mom and I were talking last week and she was bemoaning the fact that she couldn't find strawberries.
I just had to brag that we had this amazing fruit stand with the BEST strawberries. Then I had a thought. So I offered to bring her some and help her cap them. We both thought it was a great idea and I headed out early Tuesday morning with a trunk completely full of strawberries.
We were both amazing =) and had most of them put up by the time I had to leave for home.
The kids LOVED the short visit and talked about it for days afterwards.

I had intended to get some pictures of the kids with their grandparents. But I was so busy capping strawberries that I completely forgot.
In fact, the only time the camera came out was when mom screamed and started beating the table with her bowl of strawberries. She lifted the bowl to reveal this -
He was dieing by this point, but still creepy looking.

Don't these strawberries look amazing?!
A stray green berry. Caitlin wanted to eat it.
We had such a fun visit. Next time I'll try it without the berries. My fingers are still red and brown. =)

No comments: