Monday, December 19, 2011

Chapsticks

I'm sitting here at the computer listening to my children play in Dominic's room.
"Please hand me the chapsticks." (We ate at a Thai restaurant last night. They are reenacting that even though they didn't use chopsticks.)
"Don't you mean chop sticks, Dominic?"
"Oh yeah mom! Chapsticks! Please hand me the chapsticks Caitlin."
I give up.

I sat down to post several things about the kids. But I keep getting distracted listening to them. I'm not sure what's up and I'm completely NOT complaining. But they have been so good today. They've only gotten in a couple of fights. I'm reviewing a book and thought I'd test something I'd read on them. So the last time they started to argue I had Caitlin stand and Dominic kneel (he's had another growth spurt) and touch noses. Then they had to work out what the problem was by talking. It didn't last five seconds before Caitlin threw her arms around Dominic's neck and they both started laughing. They never worked out what they were arguing about, but at least they were happy. They haven't gotten into trouble since. It's a refreshing change and I'm very thankful for it.

They'd been so good that I promised them hot chocolate with candy canes after lunch.
As I expected, Dominic downed his in seconds and loved it. Caitlin sipped hers and asked to be excused from the table. Silly kids!
I know that I certainly enjoyed it. The phone rang right as I put my peppermint stick into my hot chocolate. It was a lengthy call that I couldn't drink while taking care of. When I returned I found my peppermint had completely melted, leaving me with a minty hot chocolate. It was heavenly!

No comments: