Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas!

We had a truly magical Christmas this year.
It wasn't anything specific. It was just so peaceful and fun.
Jon and I were afraid that the kids would get into the gifts before we even woke up. So we closed the pocket doors to the library/dining room and posted this sign.
There are advantages to having a child that can read.
The sign worked and we woke up to two VERY excited kids sitting on the couch.
Dominic was so excited he was bouncy.
As I walked in Caitlin gave an excited squeal and said
"Has Santa come?"
Which I found hilarious because her brother has been telling her all month that Santa isn't real and just yesterday she told someone in the store that he was pretend. Guess she just got caught up in the moment.

I didn't wrap their sock monkeys so this picture is of them before opening presents.
Sorry it's so blurry. Guess I was still too sleepy to realize it.
Dominic putting on the Lego watch he's been begging for.
After opening presents we had cinnamon crescents.
I had tried to hang up the stockings and everything I chose to hang them with didn't work. So I put the stockings on top of some books in the library. Out of sight - out of mind. It was about an hour after we'd opened presents that I remembered them. Dominic had asked or told quite a few people that he wanted tape for Christmas. I was thinking about this when I realized that it was still in his stocking.

So we had a second Christmas.
 
Playing with Christmas toys. It's half the fun of being a parent. =)
 The kids are playing PlayStation. I love how relaxed Caitlin looks.
 Christmas lunch was spent with friends. It was a wonderful and relaxing day. I can honestly say that it was the best Christmas ever!

No comments: