Thursday, March 31, 2011

Life and Death

It was one of those days. The kids were at each others throats all morning.
I'd tried everything I could think of and nothing was working.
They were intent on doing each other bodily harm.
Yet again I heard screams and yells from Dominic's bedroom and this time I decided to let them duke it out.
Nothing I had done so far was working so maybe if they fought it out they'd settle it on their own.
I went into the kitchen and was doing my best to ignore them.
Then I hear -
"I'm going to lose my sister to death."
That didn't sound good!
So I run into the bedroom to find Caitlin hanging by her foot from the top bunk.
Dominic had put some pillows beneath her and was on the ladder trying to reach her, but she was a few inches too far away.
I asked them why they hadn't called me.
Caitlin, very red in the face by now, gave this little squeak and said
"Hep me, mom?!"
It was said as almost a question.

Amazingly this seemed to fix the problem though. I didn't settle another fight all day.

No comments: