Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

Dominic
"Tell me what you like about your dad."
"That he does lots of things for me. And he loves me. And he also wants me to do what he tells me to do. That's how I love him. And he's nice to me. That's it."

Caitlin
"What do you like about Daddy?"
"We go shopping." (we went shopping this morning to pick out gifts for him)
"Yes, shopping for him was fun, but what do you like about him?"
"He eyes. I wuv him. Happy Fader days."

Jon got an iPod for Father's Day, but I took the kids this morning to pick out something for him. 
We went into the car section of the store because Jon said he could use some car cleaning things.
My kids both picked out bottles of car cleaner based on the color.
Dominic picked a red bottle because it is Jon's favorite color.
Caitlin picked a bottle with purple writing because it was pretty.
Thankfully Jon said he could use them both. =)

My kids are blessed with an amazing Dad. He plays with them, guides and instructs them and unlike some dads he plays an active part in their lives. He gives them their baths every night, takes them to events and spends quality time with each of them.
The kids adore him and I'm so thankful to have such an amazing husband who loves his kids.

No comments: