Thursday, April 21, 2011

School Day

Dominic woke up way early this morning. Can't say as I blame him. I was up early as well. So we cuddled on the couch for a bit before getting ready for . . . gulp. . . school.
I'll say it again. This boy was way too excited to be leaving me. =(

But I'm so glad that he wasn't dreading it.
Last night we finally put Caitlin's carseat back together and so this morning I put it in the car. I didn't want to be the weird parent who showed up an hour early so I waited until 7:50 to get the kids in the car. (We live 5 min away.)
Problem was the car seat had been put together backwards and I couldn't get it to snap together. So VERY quickly we switched cars and I drove very fast safely to school.
Then I parked and walked him in - to the wrong door. 
Nice job mom!
Dominic seemed a bit shy when we first walked in the door, but was his normal self when I went to pick him up.
I asked him how he liked school and he said
"It was super fun! I should go there next year!"
The teacher said he did fine as well so I need to be preparing myself -
my baby boy is going to school in August.
Sigh! If I'm this bad now, how in the world am I going to make it when he goes for real.

I forgot to take a picture this morning so I took one when we got home.
 He was filthy so he must have had fun.

No comments: