Sunday, July 1, 2012

Promotions and relaxation

Yesterday was fun and also a bit hard for me. 
The hard part first - Dominic was promoted to Primary. Somehow in my mind he was supposed to stay in Kindergarten. And technically he could stay there until he was turning 7 years old. But since he's going to be in 1st grade this August they promoted him. I was 7 yo before I hit primary and Dominic is still 5 yo. It was a bit of a jolt to my mommy heart. But I got over it and proudly took pictures.

Accepting his promotional certificate. The kid didn't stay still long enough for the picture.
Singing with his class
Caitlin singing with her little class. Summer means quite a few kids were missing. And then one dropped out with a melt down. =)
 

After church we headed out to the lake with some friends. One of them had just gotten a boat and was wanting some company on it's maiden voyage.  

We would stop in a still spot and swim for a bit before moving on.
Caitlin wanted to drive the boat. Mr. Charlie was sweet enough to share his seat.
I don't have a picture because my camera battery died, but she fell asleep while driving. =)

No comments: