Monday, August 23, 2010

Child Care

When I first joined the children's museum I began receiving emails about all of their extra activities. I received an email that first week about a Lunch Club. It was for Dominic's age. The kids would be dropped off at 11:30 and they would make their own lunch, eat it and then work on crafts until the parents returned at 1pm. It sounded fun and was super cheap so I signed him up. It was to be on Mondays for 6 weeks.
The unfortunate thing was the director (she's new) didn't take into account that school had already started 
and most kids would be in school. So there were only 2 kids signed up. I got the call this morning that it was canceled. Dominic had been anticipating this for weeks and was so disappointed. So the director told me 
that since we were in a hotel and she knew I didn't have family here that she would allow me to drop Dominic 
off at 10:30 and pick up after 1pm if I would pack his lunch for him. This was at no extra cost and for the 
entire 6 weeks.
So this morning we went to Messy Mondays (super messy craft time - tons of fun) and then Caitlin and I left. It is amazing how much I can get done with only one child. This comes at a perfect time, since we are moving in to our new home a week from Wednesday. 
I love small towns! =)

I was SO proud of Dominic. I went to pick him up and Alexandria (the director) told me that Dominic had been an angel. She said she'd never met a 4 yr old that was that well behaved. We stayed for a few minutes since Dominic was playing a game with another girl and didn't want to stop. And several times she commented on how my husband and I must be doing something right in our parenting because Dominic was so sweet and polite.
Made me so thankful and so proud of my little boy!!!

No comments: