Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Fish and pockets

One of Dominic's fish got ick two days ago. They are feeder fish that I picked up for a few cents a piece. So I was on the fence as to whether I should just go ahead and flush, wait it out (and them possibly suffer) or pay $3 for ick medicine for 14 cent fish.

I tried to explain the situation to Dominic. He took it really well, but still cried a bit. He wanted to go to heaven tomorrow so his fish would live forever. It was so sweet and sad. So I caved and bought the medicine this morning. I treated the fish as soon as we got home, but it was too late for Thunder. We returned from lunch to find a floater. We had a little good bye party and flushed him. Caitlin thought it was great fun. But Dominic was pretty sad. Ugh! Hate this part of parenting!

We went by the house in our travels this morning and I took a better picture of our little home.
Caitlin has found her pockets. She loves to put her hands into her pockets and walk around. Today I was taking a picture of her.
After I took the first couple of pictures she stepped back and tripped over something (most likely the cat). Very slowly she leaned to the side - hands still in pockets - and fell over on her side. She then did a roll onto her stomach with her hands still stuck. The look of bewilderment on her face was priceless and I had to laugh. She very carefully removed her hands, stood up and put them back in. 
Silly girl!
The kids getting ready to go swimming one day this week. Not sure what Dominic is doing, but Caitlin is copying him.

No comments: